Friday, May 3, 2013

Tumbling Stones By Carol Roberts


Anne Rockford has it all. A handsome husband, a secure marriage, and three wonderful teenage children. But her world tumbles into a nightmare of secrets and lies when she receives a shocking letter: Anne's husband, a popular and respected professor of Romantic Poetry of the 19th century, has seduced not only her best friend but numerous other young women. In the aftermath of this appalling discovery, lives are lost, reputations are ruined, and Anne's own life is threatened. On the coast of California, Anne gathers, tumbles, and polishes beach rocks-one of her hobbies-and muses that, like the rocks crashing into each other in the tumbling drum, some people come out of the process of life's buffeting cracked open by hidden pressures. Others are chipped at the edges, leaving raw surfaces, and still others turn out as clear and lovely as gemstones. Along Anne's painful journey of discovery and healing-as she learns the stories of the damaged women and gains unexpected champions-she encounters all three kinds. Tumbling Stones is the compelling story of a woman who finds the strength to reclaim her life-and her self-worth-after a shattering betrayal. In the aftermath of this appalling discovery, lives are lost, reputations are ruined, and Anne's own life is threatened.

Pick up a copy
I was asked to read and review this book, I don't normally review books by authors that I don't know so this was a day I was feeling Kind and I said Yes.
This was not my kind of book even though it is a contemporary women's book which I normally really enjoy reading but this book was just not my cup of tea.
The writing was different and I had a hard time following what was going on.
I was given a copy of this book by the author.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. And your honesty.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to read this one after reading your review. Thanks for telling is the truth about books. That is why we all love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your review and giveaway Mary. I'd like to read this book. I've lived some of it.

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a AWESOME read .I can relate to this story line ."Been there done it not going there again "Blessings ,Dana "Girl"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are honest Mary because I buy all of the books you review and say are 4 or 5 stars. I will not be buying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that you did not like this book. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your honesty, Mary. We don't all like every single book we read. Sometimes it's hard to guage a book that we don't enjoy, but we appreciate your honest opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for such an honest review Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juanita, you are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mary, Looking forward to getting and reading this book.

      Delete