Monday, March 24, 2014

A Table by the Window By Hillary Manton Lodge



Heirloom recipes, family secrets…and a chance for love
 
The youngest heir to a French-Italian restaurant dynasty, food writer Juliette D’Alisa has spent her life negotiating her skill with words and her restaurant aspirations. When her brother Nico offers her a chance to open a restaurant together, she feels torn—does she really have what it takes? Should she risk leaving her journalism career?

After the death of her grandmother, Juliette discovers an antique photograph of a man who looks strikingly like her brother. As the truth behind the picture reveals romance and dark secrets, Juliette struggles to keep the mystery away from her nosy family until she can uncover the whole story.

Inspired by her grandmother’s evolving story, Juliette resolves to explore the world of online dating. To her surprise, she finds a kindred spirit in Neil McLaren, a handsome immunologist based in Memphis, Tennessee. With a long-distance relationship simmering, Juliette faces life-shifting decisions. How can she possibly choose between a promising culinary life and Neil, a man a world away in more ways than one? And is it possible her Grandmother’s story can help show the way?




Hillary Manton Lodge is the author of A Table by the Window, Plain Jayne, a Carol Award Finalist, and Simply Sara, an ECPA Bestselling book. A graduate of the University of Oregon's School of Journalism, Hillary discovered the world of cuisine during an internship at Northwest Palate Magazine. A storyteller at heart, in her free time she enjoys experimenting in the kitchen, watching foreign films, and exploring her most recent hometown of Portland, Oregon. She shares her home with her husband, Danny, and their Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Shiloh.

I am a fan of Hillary's, I really enjoyed her Amish fiction books. I could not wait to read her new romance.
I was not disappointed well maybe that is not all true, I loved the characters and I really enjoyed the recipes in each chapter. I did however get a little upset at the end of the book Hillary left me wanting more and she left me hanging.
I have to wait for book two, Reservation for Two in the Family Secrets and Heirloom Recipes series. 
This is a series that you will want to read all of the books at once. The writing and the storyline is so engaging you will not want to wait for the next book to come out.
I gave this book 5 stars, I recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

11 comments:

  1. I've read Plain Jayne and Simply Sara. I enjoyed both books because they were different. I actually thought perhaps she stopped writing since it has been awhile since those books were written. I am looking forward to reading, A Table by the Window.

    Thanks for a good review on this book. I've heard of it but wasn't sure if I would put it on my list to read or not. Since you enjoyed it, it is going on that list.

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm headed over to Amazon to get a copy of this one.Thanks for the review and all the hard work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this author book sounds good !! Blessings DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good. Would love to win and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good book that I would love to read. Thanks for the review Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary, I love stories with recipes added. Hilary's book sounds great and since I have never read her, A Table by the Window might be a great place to start. Thank you for a great review!

    Smiles and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This story sound like it's right up my alley. Ü
    I loved your review, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with this author. I'll have to go look up her other books.
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy mary. Review sounds like a must have book. Hillary is new to me. I must become a fan of hers. Please put my name in the drawing. Thanks!
    Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a new to me author. Put this on my list and will look into the others.

    Thanks for another great review

    Cathy Weber
    Cdweber20@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete