Monday, March 31, 2014

Murder Simply Brewed By Vannetta Chapman



When the coffee shop manager is murdered in Middlebury's Amish Artisan Village, two women from different walks of life must join together to solve the mystery. Spring has arrived in Middlebury, Indiana, and Amber Wright is optimistic about the growing profit from her collection of Amish shops---until she receives a call that Ethan Gray is dead. Hurrying over to A Simple Blend, she finds a solitary hole in the front window and the store manager lying next to the espresso machine, dead from an apparent heart attack. All the money is still in his register. When Amber hires a young Amish woman, Hannah Troyer, to take over the shop's duties, the two women become fast friends---as well as amateur sleuths. The police believe Gray's death is a by-product of vandalism, but Amber and Hannah aren't convinced. Clues that don't add up, a neighbor who is pulled into the midst of the investigation, a town with secrets to hide, and a blossoming romance---all will combine to push Amber and Hannah into unfamiliar roles in order to reveal answers to the mysteries around them.

Pick up your copy here


Vannetta Chapman writes fiction full of GRACE. She has published over one hundred articles in Christian family magazines, receiving more than two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She discovered her love for the Amish while researching her grandfather's birthplace of Albion, Pennsylvania. Her first novel, A Simple Amish Christmas, quickly became a bestseller. Chapman lives in the Texas hill country with her husband.

This was a unique book. Much different them other Amish Fiction books. But then I love Amish and Suspense.
Chapman has come up with a fresh story with likeable characters. You will like Amber and Hannah. I love it when Amish and englishers become friends.
I liked the story from being to end.  You can read this book in an afternoon.
If you have not had a chance to read Chapman's books yet this one be the one to start with.
I was given a copy of this book by the publishers for my honest review.

11 comments:

  1. My kind of genre! I would love to read this book! Thanks Mary for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love, Vannetta's books. I've met her in person TWICE! She is such a sweetheart and so warm and easy to talk with. I can't wait to read this book. Great review Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this review Mary.This book sounds like one I will like

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read several of Vannetta's books and loved them all. I'm sure this one will be no exception. Sounds like an interesting twist with her adding mystery to her novel. I can't wait to see how much I enjoy this book.

    ~Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I love Vannette and got to meet her last year. a very sweet person. Makes you feel like you have been best friends forever.Her first books I read were Mystery also. Shipshewana Amish Mystery Series. Very good. She had us play a mystery game once for a couple of weeks.She would write a start and then each person would write a little to continue the story and leave it in a place the next could pick up the story. So much fun. I think you would like them too. I would love to win this new book of hers. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only read one of her books and really enjoyed. I will add this to my must read list.

    Great review Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading it right now and loving it! Vannetta is one of my favorite authors. Her first 3 books were based in Shipshewana, Indiana, and being a familiar area for me, I had to read them. That's all it took! I'm hooked on her books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read MANY of Chapman's books, but not her mysteries. Sounds like a wonderful book. I know her others are excellent!!!!
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Mary, for your review! And thank you to all your bloggers who commented! I'm so thrilled you enjoyed Hannah and Amber's story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Vannetta's books. Sounds like a really good book.

    ReplyDelete