Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Ties that Bind By Cindy Woodsmall


Ariana’s comfortable Old Order Amish world is about to unravel. Will holding tightly to the cords of family keep them together—or simply tear them apart?
Twenty-year-old Ariana Brenneman loves her family and the Old Ways. She has two aspirations: open a café in historic Summer Grove to help support her family’s ever-expanding brood and to keep any other Amish from being lured into the Englisch life by Quill Schlabach.
 
Five years ago Quill, along with her dear friend Frieda, ran off together, and Ariana still carries the wounds of that betrayal. When she unexpectedly encounters him, she soon realizes he has plans to help someone else she loves leave the Amish. 
*
Despite how things look, Quill’s goal has always been to protect Ariana from anything that may hurt her, including the reasons he left. After returning to Summer Grove on another matter, he unearths secrets about Ariana and her family that she is unaware of. His love and loyalty to her beckons him to try to win her trust and help her find a way to buy the café—because when she learns the truth that connects her and a stranger named Skylar Nash, Quill knows it may upend her life forever.      
 
Ties That Bind is the first novel in the Amish of Summer Grove series.

Pick up your copy here...



Cindy Woodsmall is a New York Times, CBA, ECPA, and USA Today best-selling author who has written a dozen (and counting!) works of fiction and one of nonfiction. She and her dearest Old Order Amish friend, Miriam Flaud, coauthored the nonfiction, Plain Wisdom: An Invitation into an Amish Home and the Hearts of Two Women. Cindy has been featured on ABC Nightline and on the front page of the Wall Street Journal,and has worked with National Geographic on a documentary concerning Amish life. In June of 2013, the Wall Street Journal listed Cindy as the one of the top three most popular authors of Amish fiction.

She's won Fiction Book of the Year, Reviewer's Choice Awards, Inspirational Reader's Choice Contest, as well as one of Crossings' Best Books of the Year. She's been a finalist for the prestigious Christy, Rita, and Carol Awards, Christian Book of the Year, and Christian Retailers Choice Awards.

Her real-life connections with Amish Mennonite and Old Order Amish families enrich her novels with authenticity. Though she didn't realize it at the time, seeds were sown years ago that began preparing Cindy to write these books. At the age of ten, while living in the dairy country of Maryland, she became best friends with Luann, a Plain Mennonite girl. Luann, like all the females in her family, wore the prayer Kapp and cape dresses. Her parents didn't allow television or radios, and many other modern conveniences were frowned upon. During the numerous times Luann came to Cindy's house to spend the night, her rules came with her and the two were careful to obey them--afraid that if they didn't, the adults would end their friendship. Although the rules were much easier to keep when they spent the night at Luann's because her family didn't own any of the forbidden items, both sets of parents were uncomfortable with the relationship and a small infraction of any kind would have been enough reason for the parents to end the relationship. While navigating around the adults' disapproval and the obstacles in each other's lifestyle, the two girls bonded in true friendship that lasted into their teen years, until Cindy's family moved to another region of the US.

As an adult, Cindy became friends with a wonderful Old Order Amish family who opened their home to her. Although the two women, Miriam and Cindy, live seven hundred miles apart geographically, and a century apart by customs, when they come together they never lack for commonality, laughter, and dreams of what only God can accomplish through His children. Over the years Cindy has continued to make wonderful friendships with those inside the Amish and Mennonite communities--from the most conservative ones to the most liberal.

Cindy and her husband reside near the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains in their now empty nest.

If you'd like more information or to contact her, you can go to her website: http://www.cindywoodsmall.com or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/authorcindywoodsmall 


This by far is the best book I have read by Cindy Woodsmall.
It is nothing like you have read from her before.
I did however get a little bit upset at the ending it has left me hanging and I am about to die that I have to wait until next year to find out how it ends. So be warned you are going to have a fit it the end.
I haven't read an Amish book this good in a long time that has left me wanting more so bad. It is a fresh storyline that has made it so appealing  to me I guess. I read it in one night.
I have this book 5 stars two times and I HIGHLY recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

10 comments:

  1. I love Cindy's books! Super great review Mary!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good. Cindy is a great author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good. I just loved the Sisters Of The Quilt Series. I look forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good Amish book. Cindy is a favorite of mine and she is good at leaving you hanging until the next book. Looks like I have a really good book to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy is a very good author, my wife loves her. She liked her nonfiction book as well. I think someone is going to be surprised when they recieve this book from as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy Amish. evryone knows I am a big Amish book fan. Going to buy it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amish Amish Amish I love Amish. I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just love Cindy since you introduced me to her last year. I am surfing on over to amazon to get this one now. Thank you Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy is one of my favorite authors! I have never been disappointed in any of her books and I am sure that this one will not disappoint either. Thanks Mary for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy is one of my favorite authors and I am sure that this one will not disappoint me either. Thanks for the review Mary!

    ReplyDelete