Friday, March 9, 2018

Beneath The Surface By Lynn H. Blackburn



After a harrowing experience with an obsessed patient, oncology nurse practitioner Leigh Weston needed a change. She thought she'd left her troubles behind when she moved home to Carrington, North Carolina, and took a job in the emergency department of the local hospital. But when someone tampers with her brakes, she fears the past has chased her into the present. She reaches out to her high school friend turned homicide investigator, Ryan Parker, for help.

Ryan finds satisfaction in his career, but his favorite way to use his skills is as a volunteer underwater investigator with the Carrington County Sheriff's Office dive team. When the body of a wealthy businessman is discovered in Lake Porter, the investigation uncovers a possible serial killer--one with a terrifying connection to Leigh Weston and deadly implications for them all.

Dive into the depths of fear with an exciting new voice in romantic suspense. Award-winning author Lynn H. Blackburn grabs readers by the throat and doesn't let go until the final heart-pounding page.

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/Beneath-Surface-Dive-Team-Investigations/dp/0800729382/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520541309&sr=8-1&keywords=beneath+the+surface+lynn+h+Blackburn


Lynn H. Blackburn believes in the power of stories, especially those that remind us that true love exists, a gift from the Truest Love. She’s passionate about CrossFit, coffee, and chocolate (don’t make her choose) and experimenting with recipes that feed both body and soul. She lives in South Carolina with her true love, Brian, and their three children. Her first book, COVERT JUSTICE, won the 2016 Selah Award for Mystery/Suspense and the 2016 Carol Award for Short Novel. Her second book, HIDDEN LEGACY, released June 2017. She begins a new series, Dive Team Investigations with BENEATH THE SURFACE in March of 2018.

My Thoughts...

Talk about high tension, wow, Blackburn has you on the edge of your seat in this one. This was the first book that I read by Lynn Blackburn but it won't be my last in fact. She has a second book in this series coming out next year called In To Deep.
I hope that it is half as good as this one was.
The suspense and the romance in this book was spot on and I really can say it was a really good read.
I can't wait for you to dive into (pun intended) Ryan and Leigh's story.
I gave this book 4 stars. I highly recommend it.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

16 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this author before but I want to dive into this book after reading your review of it,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went online and looked, my library has to order this one for me and so I placed an order for them to get it. I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of story, I love trying to figure it all out and who done it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know of this author, she does not have a big presence on facebook, so I would like to try her book out. Your review lets me know its going to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is my kind of book. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super review, I can't wait to get this one. and get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, you are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  7. Suspense, romance what more could I ask for, yes I want to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a book that I would love to read! Thanks Mary for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good one! Thank you for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to read it sounds really good. Blessings, DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suspense is one genre I enjoy and I've just recently began to see this one around. Going on my very long must-read list! :-)

    ReplyDelete