Thursday, October 29, 2020

The Anxiety Diaries By Dana Muwwakkil

 

What will everybody think? Two thousand nineteen was the worst year of my life, and I can’t believe I’m sharing this devastating journey with the world. There are moments in life that can make or break us, and that year was mine, shaping me into who I am, for better and worse. I came close to giving up, I made a near-fatal mistake, and I spent too many moments terrified of my own thoughts. When I started this experiment, to write every day, I simply thought I would be recording the mundane life of a mother, wife, and struggling writer. And, yes, I considered the fact that my family and friends and anybody else who read this diary—my diary—would have access to my most intimate fears, hopes, thoughts, and maybe even an embarrassing moment or two. But I never predicted that I would be providing a detailed account of my struggle with my mental health. I had no idea the anxiety that only ever played a minor role in my life would make its debut as the staring antagonist. Or the obsessive thoughts and irrational fears that were always real to me would be given new life on its pages. But as nightmarish as that ordeal was, allowing readers to have a piece of my soul is even more frightening. Publishing my diary may be the bravest thing I’ve ever done. This is my story. I have no regrets.

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Diaries-1-Dana-Muwwakkil/dp/0578729326/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1FGYSAL7YWNHK&dchild=1&keywords=the+anxiety+diaries+dana&qid=1603981017&sprefix=The+Anxiety+Diaries%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-1

HELLO!
Allow me to introduce myself,
My name is Dana Muwwakkil, and I am a writer.
Writing is a natural instinct that was inherited to me from my mama.

It is also a therapeutic way for me to process whatever is inside of me that I cannot express any other way.

Writing is my first love.

My identity does not end there. I am

a wife and mother.

an introvert.

a proud black woman.

a lover of dark chocolate and coffee

a poet

a humanitarian

a plant mama

a movie reviewer

a feminist

I am also an adult living with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). When I was given this diagnosis in 2016, I didn't understand the weight of it. This mental illness has been silently sitting on my shoulder for over ten years but it's become a major part of my life since the diagnosis, specifically after the birth of my youngest daughter who is almost two.

I spent a lot of time hiding this mental illness from family and friends, but it was such a burden for me. To be honest, I was ashamed of what I was going through. It wasn't until a friend I went to high school with posted on Facebook about her struggles with postpartum depression, did it occur to me that my peers could and were facing mental health battles of their own. Seeing my friend bravely tell her story inspired me to share mine. Little by little I have been opening up, not only to my family and friends but to the world online, where I've been found so much support.

In my book The Anxiety Diaries, I am letting readers into my life as a mother and wife and struggling writer, and my anxiety demands to be dealt with as well, which causes so much stress of my marriage, my self worth and affects my everyday life.

Thank you, for visiting my site and if you are an anxiety sufferer as well, know that you are not alone. If you ever want to chat, drop me a line sometime.

Take care tribe!

Peace &Love

Dana Muwwakkil

Your friendly neighborhood scribe


My Thoughts...
A year into someone else life. A book about someone who is not perfect.  How do you write a review about someone's life?
What if you connect with that person though the pages of their heartfelt story.
Even if you don't suffer from anxiety you need to read this 4 star book and share it with others.
I can't wait for Volume Two.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

No comments: