Monday, November 30, 2020

Magnolia Mistletoe An Edisto Christmas Novella By Lindsey Brackett

 

Hannah Calhoun knows what she wants for Christmas. But before she can become a full-fledged partner in her mother’s wedding planning business, she has to prove she can handle her own shortcomings.

Benjamin Townsend is an entrepreneur always looking out for the next big thing—and if hosting weddings on Edisto is it, he’s all in. Even if that does mean spending a lot of time with Hannah, whose world is way more full of happily ever after than his.

Once the magnolia and mistletoe are hung, will an Edisto Christmas be exactly the magic these two need?

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/Magnolia-Mistletoe-Edisto-Christmas-Novella/dp/164526291X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=27A9CB6UFSMFG&dchild=1&keywords=magnolia+mistletoe+lindsey+brackett&qid=1606527627&sprefix=Magnolia+Mis%2Caps%2C165&sr=8-1



Lindsey P. Brackett has read obituaries on the radio, conned middle schoolers into reading Shakespeare, and directed musicals despite not having the ability to sing or dance. These days, she writes southern fiction infused with her rural Georgia upbringing and Lowcountry South Carolina roots. Her debut novel, Still Waters, was an INSPY Finalist and 2018 Selah Book of the Year. Find her podcasting at A Rough Draft Life with novelist Kristi Ann Hunter and stress-cooking on Instagram as @lindseyprackett. Someday, she hopes to balance motherhood and writing full-time. Until then, she’s just very grateful for her public school system.

Join her newsletter and receive a free short story at lindseypbrackett.com.

My Thoughts...
Well lets see where to start. I like most people don't think that great authors should right novellas. Do to the fact that you are always left wanting more.
That being said. I really enjoyed this story and the characters  were great the setting was great and the romance was just right. But I was left wanting to read more story by Brackett.
I gave this 4 stars and I am hoping for some more books from her soon.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this author. But I am like you I don't like a really good author to write short stories. I am left feeling sad that it ended so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally, I won't waste my money on a novella that takes me an hour to read. Why do they cost as much as a full length book?

    ReplyDelete