Friday, February 1, 2013

Miriam's Quilt By Jennifer Beckstrand


Miriam Bontrager has loved Ephraim for as long as she can remember. But when scandal rocks Miriam’s family, Ephraim decides that she is not worthy of him. Heartbroken, Miriam vows to never again trust anyone with her affections. But will she surrender her heart when a man of simple faith and gentle ways shows her how to love again?

Seth Lambright has always found Miriam Bontrager pretty, but she’s also too stuck-up to pay him any notice. That is, until she comes to his stable after Ephraim’s devastating rejection. Spending time with Seth’s horses gives Miriam comfort and helps her mend, but her presence nudges Seth dangerously close falling in love. Unable to ignore the way she tugs at his heart, will he risk everything to show her that there is more to love than the pain of bitter memories?
 
You must pick up a copy


I grew up with a steady diet of William Shakespeare and Jane Austen. After all that literary immersion, I naturally decided to get a degree in mathematics, which came in handy when one of my six children needed help with homework.

After my fourth daughter was born, I started writing. By juggling diaper changes, soccer games, music lessons, laundry, and two more children, I finished my first manuscript--a Western--in just under fourteen years. (Because all my children have finally entered the public school system, and I can now write a book in significantly less time.) I sent my manuscript to an agent, who asked me to try my hand at writing Amish fiction. After much research and travel, I fell in love with the people and the genre.

My goal is to write uplifting, inspiring stories with happy endings and hopeful messages. If my books make readers want to give themselves a big hug or jump up and down for joy, I've done my job.

I am a member of Romance Writers of America and American Christian Fiction Writers and am represented by Mary Sue Seymour of The Seymour Agency.

There are three Amish romances in the Forever After in Apple Lake Series (Summer side/Guideposts). Kate's Song and Rebecca's Rose are now available. Miriam's Quilt is scheduled for release in spring of 2013. Kate's Song was the #1 Romantic Religious Fiction download in the Free Kindle Store, and Rebecca's Rose is currently in the top 100 Religious Fiction books on Amazon.com.
 


Kate's Song was my favorite book by Jennifer, Wait here it comes until I read Miriam's Quilt.
Ladies you are about to meet the perfect God fearing man that we all want to fall in love with, in this book.
I would love to really meet a man like Seth in real life. Seth is a character that you will never forget he is so forgiving and caring.
I never put this book down once I opened it up and started reading it.
Let me tell you if you have NOT read the Forever in Apple Lake series you need to go pick up all three books, and turn off your phone and get off Facebook and enjoy these books this weekend.
I give Miriam's Quilt 5 stars two times.
I was given a copy of this book by the author. THANK YOU SO MUCH Jennifer

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful book and author. I quilt, so books like this are really appealing to me. Blessings, Susan Fryman

    ReplyDelete
  2. book sounds great. Good review. Love to read it
    Blessings
    joeym11@frontier.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,you know just what we love to read. This is an author that I learned about here on your blog sometime ago. I am like you I really love her books, I hate to see this series end. I just ordeed a copy of this one from amazon. Thank you for this review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, You are the Winner! E-mail me your mailing address! themaryreadeer@yahoo.com

      Delete
  4. Wow Mary...great review on this book! I would love to win a copy of Miriam's Quilt. Thank you for the review and giveaway.

    Blessings!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Silly, You are the winner, but let's just pull another one. You can read my copy! I Love you!

      Delete
  6. It looks like you really enjoyed this book. Thanks for your review

    ReplyDelete
  7. would love to win this this I loved her book Kate's song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review Mary!!! I want to win this book it sounds so good. Thanks for the opportunity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Do you ever have ARC of your books so they can be read and reviewed. I can't sit at the computer much. I would love to read any of your books and review them. Please let me know. Thanks

    Gayle
    bemiown@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle, all of the books that I review are giveaways, they are hard copies. I do not give away e-books. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You can order a copy from Amazon or go to your local book store and pick up a copy of this book. I am telling you right now you are going to LOVE it!

      Delete
  10. This is a sad day for me Amish week ends here on the best blog. I have to say maybe you saved the best for last. I like Bonnie read Jennifer's books after seeing your reviews back a while ago. I just got my copy from Amazon. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these Amish books so much and I love your reviews that you have for them and other books as well. And this review is an awesome one. So want to win this book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your kind words, Mary. Seth is one of my favorite characters I've ever written. I am so glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When will it be available for Kindle?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every Amish book reviewed this weeks sounds great but this one really has my attention. Yes I am a quilter and yes I love anything Amish but this story sounds like one that draws you in so that you can't put the book down until you are done,

    Excellent review Mary!!

    Cathy Weber
    Cdweber20@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary, I'm having trouble getting in today. I would love to win this book.
    Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary, I have not read any of Jennifer's books yet! Where have I been??? This is going on my wish list today! Thanks so much for a wonderful review and recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it !! Sounds like a good read .Blessings ,Dana "Girl"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review Mary, of course another new author and I love winning books because it introduces you to authors that you haven't heard about.
    blessings , maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please enter me...you know I love Amish books.Great review.Thanks

    ReplyDelete