Tuesday, March 19, 2019

A Hero For Miss Hatherleigh By Carolyn Miller




As the daughter of Viscount Aynsley, Caroline Hatherleigh knows every rule of society--and she's always followed them precisely. But when she visits south Devonshire and encounters a fossil-hunting scientist and his sister, her assumptions about what is right are shaken. Questions she has never considered about the importance of friendship and faith suddenly confront her--and her comfortable understanding about how the world works is thrown off balance. What if God wants to be the center of her life, rather than merely a social obligation?

Gideon Kirby loves science, and hunting down proof of past lives is a joy he won't willingly give up. But his scientific leanings are being challenged both by his personal beliefs and by local smugglers in the Devonshire countryside. And every day his sister's illness becomes more desperate, her care growing more demanding. Adding a viscount's daughter to the mix is a complication Gideon never expected--especially since he must stay far away from this young woman he’s falling for in order to protect his beloved sister’s secret.

When a mysterious stranger visits the village, that secret will be exposed, no matter how Gideon fights. Then tragedy strikes in a smugglers' cave. And the threat of scandal may lead to broken hearts and passionless propriety. Will the shaky bond these two have nurtured be strong enough to overcome their differences--or will the trust they've withheld from each other tear three lives apart?

Pick up your copy here,,,
 https://www.amazon.com/Hero-Miss-Hatherleigh-Regency-Brides/dp/0825445892/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1552853598&sr=8-1-fkmrnull





Hi, I'm Carolyn Miller, author of 'The Elusive Miss Ellison'.

I live in the beautiful Southern Highlands of New South Wales, Australia.

I'm married, with four gorgeous children, who all love to read (and write!) as I do (except not in the Regency genre - funny, that!).

My favourite authors are classics like Jane Austen (of course!), Georgette Heyer, and Agatha Christie, but I also enjoy contemporary authors like Susan May Warren and Becky Wade.

I try to write stories that are fun and witty, yet also deal with real issues, such as dealing with forgiveness, the nature of really loving versus 'true love', and other challenges we all face at different times.

My Thoughts...

If you are a fan of  Regency Romance  then you don’t want to miss this latest book by Carolyn Miller.
Caroline and Gideon had great chemistry and I loved the bond that Emma and Miss Hartherleigh shared.
This is going to be a book that stays on my shelf so that I can reread it again. I gave this book 4 stars and I recommend it.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

10 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this one and see if it's one I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really a fan of this type of read but I might try it after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Regency fiction! I have a few of Carolyn's books and am excited for this new one. Thanks for the lovely review, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your kind words, Mary! I’m so glad you enjoyed A Hero for Miss Hatherleigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds Good ! Love and Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete