Monday, July 22, 2019

Picture Perfect Lies By Mia Hayes


If you can't be you, who can you be?

That's the question Veronica White asks herself in the wake of her husband's very public affair. For years, she's been known as the prettiest member of the Bitch Brigade and Pete's wife, and she has used social media to present her messy life as picture perfect.

But those days are over.

Leaving her Waterford life behind, Veronica lands in Marrakech, Morocco. There, she plans to regroup and convince everyone she's having the time of her life without Pete. First step: post endless fun pictures on Instagram. She believes that if she can convince others she's okay, then maybe the pain will cease.

Enter Oz, an engaging young man who is traveling the world and chasing the endless summer. He regales Veronica with stories of his adventures, and intrigued, she throws caution to the wind and joins him on a trip to the Sahara Desert. Soon, Veronica finds herself following Oz to Croatia and France, where she tries reinventing herself.

As she grows closer to Oz, Veronica realizes she may not be the only one who's playing a manipulation game, and that sometimes what we want to see gets in the way of reality. 

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/Picture-Perfect-Lies-Waterford-Novel/dp/0578523221/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Picture+perfect+lies+by+Mia&qid=1563675837&s=gateway&sr=8-1




Mia lives in Northern Virginia with her husband, children, and cats. When she's not writing, she's practicing yoga, traveling, or drinking ridiculous amounts of green tea.

She’s been known to eavesdrop a time or two.

My Thoughts...
I was so happy to go back to Waterford. This book was a fun read, it was just as good as book one in the Waterford series. It can be read as a stand alone you will not be lost. But read book one The Secrets We Keep you won't be sorry.
I had the best time traveling with Vee and the surprise in the end was so worth reading this book.
A good summer 4 star read that I recommend.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

7 comments:

  1. About time I see some good books that I can add to my cart. This one sounds so good, I will get the whole set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this and I bought the first one after reading it was like the housewives show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like another one I need to add to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of this, I'm adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am at the library I just asked them to order me a copy of this one.

    ReplyDelete