Thursday, May 15, 2014

One More Last Chance By Cathleen Armstrong



Sarah Cooley has come home to Last Chance, New Mexico, for one reason--because it doesn't change. After an engagement gone bad with a man who wanted to change everything about her, Sarah is more than ready for the town whose motto may as well be, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Chris Reed, on the other hand, wants nothing more than to spark some change in the little town. As the new owner of the Dip 'n' Dine, he's shaking things up to draw folks from all over the Southwest into his restaurant.

As it turns out, the winds of change are blowing into Last Chance--just not in the ways that Sarah or Chris might expect.

With the same evocative writing and fascinating characters that won fans for her debut novel, Cathleen Armstrong invites readers back to Last Chance for a soul-searching, romantic story of two people navigating the twists and turns of small-town life.

Pick up your copy here


Cathleen Armstrong lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, Ed, and their corgi. Though she has been in California for many years now, her roots remain deep in New Mexico where she grew up and where much of her family still lives. After she and Ed raised three children, she returned to college and earned a BA in English. Her debut novel Welcome to Last Chance won the 2009 American Christian Fiction Writers Genesis Award for Women's Fiction. Learn more at www.cathleenarmstrong.com.


I loved Cathleen's debut book Welcome to Last Chance but this one blow me away.
I never put it done once I started reading it. I fell in love with Sarah and Chris and I just had to know how it was going to end. To say I was so happy is an understatement.
If by chance you read book one in the A Place to Call Home series then you will remember some of the characters in this book as will they make an appearance in this story.
I have to say this is a must read and I highly recommend this book. This is a book Binge book no doubt.
I gave 5 stars to this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks Mary for your great review! Another new author for me. I will put her on my list of authors to read. This book sounds great!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. One boy I want to read this one. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this one sounds like a winner to me. Thanks for your great review Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've put this on my TBR pile. Thanks for introducing me to it... Sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From this review, it sounds like a book that I definitely want to read! Thanks Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Mary for a great review. Cathleen is new to me so I look forward to hooking up with her wonderful books. Thank you for sharing! Would love to win this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good one, for sure! Fun review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not read anything by this author but will be adding her to my list of ones to try. Loved your review, Mary.
    I realize that I'm way down on the list of replies and don't stand a chance of winning a copy but I'll add my name, just in case there's a fluke. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottom people are the ones that tend to win Cindi!

      Delete
  9. Well Mary, I've been on top, in the middle, and still can't win no matter where I land. but the books are good and you are great at reviewing so I just keep trying. Loved the review as usual. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great series! Thank you for sharing your review and recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful book. and your great review.

    ReplyDelete