Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Silenced By Dani Pettrey


Jake Knew Something Was Wrong. But He Never Guessed How Wrong.
A relaxing day of rock climbing takes a disturbing turn when Kayden McKenna's route brings her face-to-face with a dead climber. Is it a terrible accident or something darker? When the case is handed to overburdened sheriff Landon Grainger, he turns to Jake Westin for help. With Jake's past now revealed, he's ready to use his talent for investigation again--but he could never prepare for where the mystery will take him.
Kayden's climbing expertise soon leads her and Jake to the realization that the death was no accident. And worse, it seems the killer is onto them. When strange things begin happening in Yancey, Jake is terrified that once again his world may put someone he loves in danger. But the truth is far worse than he could ever imagine.

Pick up your copy here



Dani Pettrey is a wife, homeschooling mom and author. She feels blessed to write inspirational romantic suspense because it incorporates so many things she loves-the thrill of adventure, nail-biting suspense, the deepening of one's faith and plenty of romance. She's a huge fan of dark chocolate, is always in search of the best iced mocha and her dream is to one day own a little cottage on a remote stretch of beach. She and her husband reside in Maryland with their two teenage daughters. Visit her web site at www.DaniPettrey.com!

I have read the past three books in this series Alaskan Courage. Suspense is not my favorite genre, but I have enjoyed this series.
This was a fast moving book, with solid characters and very intriguing storyline. It will hold your attention until the end.
Silenced will keep you guessing, a nail biter for sure.
I can't wait to see what is next from Pettrey. 
I gave this book 4 stars and if you are a fan of romantic suspense then I recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

12 comments:

  1. I have her first book Submerged but I haven't read it yet. Readers love her books from comments I've been seeing. Thanks for your review Mary!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, you are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mary!

      Blessings!
      Judy B

      Delete
  2. This might be my kind of book Mary. Thank you for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not so sure about this book, I don't read suspense all that much! I like happy books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am like Linda, I do read a lot of suspense books. However, if you like this genre, then it does sound like a good read. Thanks Mary for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good suspense book.this one sounds great. I need this one...I have no suspense in my life. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wished for this book every time I have read about it. I hope my wish comes true right here with you, Mary. Thank you for the great job you do!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Mary, thank you so much for your great review, and for being a part of the tour and helping us share about Dani's wonderful writing. One thing I love about Dani's stories is that even though they are romantic suspense, there's always so much love and family fun and great messages of faith interspersed. Now I'm just waiting for REEF! Can't wait to learn about the mysterious last McKenna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Alaskan Courage series! Thank you for sharing your great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a very in interesting book.
    Thanks for your great review Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, what fun to read your thoughts about SILENCED and its predecessors in the series! We're so thankful for you and all your help spreading the word about Dani's book. Thanks for all that you do! ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete