Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Last Bride By Beverly Lewis

Come home to Hickory Hollow, Pennsylvania--the beloved setting where Beverly Lewis's celebrated Amish novels began--with new characters and new stories of drama, romance, and the ties that draw people together.

Of her Old Order parents' five daughters, Tessie Miller is the last to marry. She has her heart set on Amishman Marcus King, but Tessie's father opposes the match.
Impetuously, Tessie and Marcus elope to the English world, then return to Hickory Hollow to live as singles, trusting they'll convince the Millers to give their love a chance over time. But when the unthinkable happens, Tessie faces the almost-certain censure of the People. Will she find a reason for hope in spite of her desperate plight?

Pick up your copy here
 
I've had my nose in a book, for as long as I remember. When I was about 9 years old, I started writing my own stories. By sixth grade, I'd hand-written a 66-page semi-autobiographical book titled, "She Shall Have Music."

After I was married and our three children were in middle school, I began submitting articles and short fiction to various magazines.

When I'm between writing deadlines, I enjoy hiking in the Rocky Mountains with my husband. Cooking from scratch, playing Mozart at the piano, and making family memory albums, as well as traveling to meet my devoted readers during book tours, are some of my very favorite things. I also adore reading biographies and memoirs, as well as classic literature.
 
Book 5 in the Home to Hickory Hollow, is not to be missed.
I believe all Amish fiction fans love Beverly Lewis she is sure a Amish literature Queen in her own right.
You will not be to disappointed with her latest masterpiece I am sure.
I can't wait to hear what you all think of Tessie and Marcus.  I sure thought they they were quite the team. I was a little sad at the things that took place and what happened to Marcus. At times I wondered if Lewis was the author of this book.  The writing style is much different then her other books.
I truly love the courting books.
I have to say I hated to see this book end. I feel a sense of loss at the ending of this series.
I gave this book 4 stars, and I recommend it.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

10 comments:

  1. Beverly Lewis is my favorite author for writing Amish fiction. I so want to read this book! Thank you Mary for your review. Hope I win it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read this book - and soon! She is a GREAT author!
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I have read this book and I loved it! I'm looking forward to reading her next book, Child of Mine co-authored by her husband David. (I have an ARC of this one!) Can't wait to dive in!

    Loved your review!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always rave about her Amish books, I can't believe you did not rate this one higher. Thanks for your review Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, you are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, Mary. I sure hope you are giving away a copy of this book. I loved the others in the series and am sure I'll enjoy this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Beverly's books. She is an awesome Author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comments, Mary. I love Beverly's books and would love to win this book in the same series! I have not been able to enter a contest because I don't have access to a computer at the convent so I am trying here at the library. Will check in soon and keep hoping! Miss you, Mary. Sister Mary Lou
    flowersmarylou85@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete