Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Somebody Like You By Beth Vogt

Can a young widow find love again with her husband’s reflection?
Haley’s three-year marriage to Sam, an army medic, ends tragically when he’s killed in Afghanistan. Her attempts to create a new life for herself are ambushed when she arrives home one evening—and finds her husband waiting for her. Did the military make an unimaginable mistake when they told her Sam was killed?
Too late to make things right with his estranged twin brother, Stephen discovers Sam never told Haley about him. As Haley and Stephen navigate their fragile relation­ship, they are inexorably drawn to each other. How can they honor the memory of a man whose death brought them together—and whose ghost could drive them apart?
Somebody Like You is a beautifully rendered, affecting novel, reminding us that while we can’t change the past, we have the choice to change the future and start anew.

Pick up your copy here
 
 
Novelist Beth K. Vogt is a nonfiction author and editor who said she'd never write fiction. She's the wife of an Air Force physician (now in solo practice) who said she'd never marry a doctor -- or anyone in the military. She's a mom of four who said she'd never have kids. She's discovered that God's best often waits behind the doors marked "Never." Beth writes inspirational contemporary romance because she believes there's more to the happily ever after than the fairy tales tell us. She lives in Colorado with her husband and their 10-year-old "caboose kiddo." She and her husband enjoy any time their adult children come by for game nights, BBQs or just to hang out.
 
 
For an author who said she would never write fiction this is a fantastic book. We readers sure would have missed out had she not wrote her first fiction book.
Great characters, mirror twins what's not to love. The storyline was one you are sure not to forget for a long time.
Stephen was the best he would not take no for an answer even after having a gun pulled on him, oh yes you mast get a copy of this book and read all about that.
I could not put this book down I stayed up half the night reading it. It is a binge book for sure.
I gave this book 5 stars two times.
I highly recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

13 comments:

  1. I want to read this one so bad. Wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book that I definitely want to read. Thank you Mary, not only for this review but all of them! I can't tell when a book is going to be good from your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading the excerpt and your review Mary, makes me really want to read this book. Going on my wish list for sure!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on my way over to Amazon right now. This was a great review. Thank you Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this book sounds fantastic! Thank you for sharing your great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With 5 stars times two, I would love this book. It sounds wonderful! Thank you, Mary, for a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Beth Vogt's, Catch a falling Star, and am sure this one will be another hit. Please enter my name in the drawing to win a copy.
    Thanks!
    ~Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Mary! I've missed another good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Mary. Identical twins? I can't even begin to think of the shock when she thought she saw her dead husband. But a shock for the other twin when he found she had never been told that he even existed. This has got to be good. No wonder you gave it 5 stars twice. Beth really has some good books. Please put my name in. I would so love to win this one. Thanks for a chance. Maxie
    mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool !! sounds like a good read to me !!!!!!!!! Blessings,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like and awesome book from the wonderful review you gave it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope to have a chance to read this one! Would love to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds like quite the story and it must be an amazing one since you read it for half the night. Great review Mary. I would love to read this book.
    marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete