Thursday, May 22, 2014

Oath of the Brotherhood By C.E. Laureano

In a kingdom where the Old Ways hold fast and a man’s worth lies entirely in his skill with the sword, Conor Mac Nir is a scholar, a musician, and a follower of the forbidden Balian faith: problematic for any man, but disastrous for the son of the king.When Conor is sent as a hostage to a neighboring kingdom, he never expects to fall in love with the rival king’s sister, Aine. Nor does he suspect his gift with the harp (and Aine’s ability to heal) touches on the realm of magic. Then his clan begins a campaign to eliminate all Balians from the isle of Seare, putting his newfound home in peril and entangling him in a plot for control of the island that has been unfolding since long before his birth.Only by committing himself to an ancient warrior brotherhood can Conor discover the part he’s meant to play in Seare’s future. But is he willing to sacrifice everything—even the woman he loves—to follow the path his God has laid before him?




Pick up your copy here
 

C.E. Laureano's love of fantasy began with a trip through a magical wardrobe, and she has never looked back. She's happiest when her day involves martial arts, swords, and a well-choreographed fight scene, though when pressed, she'll admit to a love of theater and travel as well.

Appropriately, she's the wife to a martial arts master and mom to two boys who spend most of their time jumping off things and finding objects to turn into light sabers. They live in Denver, Colorado with a menagerie of small pets.
 
I am not a fan of the Fantasy genre so this review was different for me. Surprisingly I enjoyed it and I plan to pick up copies for the young adults in my life. 
The writing is fantastic, this is a young adult book I would love to pass on to some of the young adults at church.
It's a very interesting storyline, I am sure that fantasy lovers will really enjoy this book.
I gave the book 4 stars.
I was given a copy of this book by Wynn Wynn media for my honest review.

8 comments:

  1. I am not sure abut this one. I don't read Fantasy books. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into fantasy books so I would not read this one. Great review of it though!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, you have had some could books on here for the teens lately. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic review Mary. However, fantasy is definitely not my genre, but this sounds like a book that someone who does like fantasy would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its not my thing ,but I'm sure my grands would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, you are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any fantasy lately, so I don't know if I like it or not. But I'd be willing to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't read fantasies either, but have some grand kids that would love to read this book.

    ReplyDelete