Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Hiding From The Kids In My Prayer Closet By Jessica Kastner




Soon after Jessica Kastner became a mother, she wondered if she was the only mom who found pretend play more boring than watching playdough harden and who dreaded yet another friend’s Instagram post of homemade deliciousness.
 
In Hiding from My Kids in the Prayer Closet, Kastner shares her experience as an “unmom”—a mom who loves her kids more than she loves the daily experience of mothering. She helps readers laugh at the ridiculous, delight in the unpredictable, and enjoy being the mothers God made them to be.


Pick up your copy here...




Jessica Kastner is an award-winning journalist and a regular contributor for the Christian Broadcasting Network’s website, CBN.com, The Huffington Post’s Christianity blog and Beliefnet.com. She shares her "fluff free" commentary on the Christian life at JessicaKastner.com, and serves as the CT Coordinator for Straight Ahead Ministries, leading Bible studies within juvenile detention centers.
 
My Thoughts...
 
Moms are you trying to get it together? This is your book. It had me laughing and it has some truth to it as well.
Being a mom of adult children, I would to have loved to have read this years ago.
It has great stores and biblical merit. I hope all moms will pick up a copy to read and reflect.
I gave this book 4 stars. Moms could always use a pick me up.  This would make a Great gift.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

12 comments:

  1. I wish I had this book when my girls were young, it sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it will be a good one for Mothers of little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check this one out at the library Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will share this with my mom friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Insightful read for moms, much needed in this day and time it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many moms could benefit from this type of book. I wish I had littles I would read it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished reading this one and have to agree with your review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think this book is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a book all young mothers need to read. Wish I could have read it years ago when my two were small.

    ReplyDelete