Friday, July 28, 2017

Knee High Lies By Dawn Ford




What happens when the lies you tell grow so high you can’t see the truth? To the outside world Avery Denton’s life looks happy, normal even. But it isn’t. Not even close. She believes nothing can make it worse. When her mother skips town with their banker, the small-town gossips focus on her. Jaxson Stewart, Avery’s neighbor and friend, has had a crush on her for years. She makes his heart race, which is dangerous for a boy with a heart condition. Unlike their community, he refuses to hold her mother’s actions against her. Avery’s summer heats up when Jaxson kisses her under a star lit sky. The rest of her life boils over, though, when Avery becomes the target of revenge, her alcoholic father’s anger escalates, and long-hidden family secrets come to light. Can Avery find strength in the truth? Or will she continue to struggle through knee-high lies?

Pick up your copy here...
 
 
 
Dawn Ford lives in a small town nestled among the Loess Hills in Western Iowa with her husband, youngest son, and a wonder beagle. Dawn’s love for stories came naturally to her as a child who was lucky enough to be able to explore the Iowa pastures and countryside in search of adventure.

Dawn adores anything steampunk, is mesmerized by shiny, pretty things, and needs at least one good, strong cup of coffee to wake her up a day.

Dawn’s novel, Kingdom Come, won the 2016 ACFW Genesis Award. Her flash fiction stories have been featured in Splickety Publishing Group’s Havok magazines.

Reach out to Dawn Ford via her website: www.dawnfordauthor.com.

My Thoughts...
This is what I call a Life Lesson book. You can't help but to cheer Avery on. I loved the lessons and the author did a great job of  capturing my attention from the very first chapter. 
This a book that every teenager would love to read and one that I would be honored to share with them.
This is a 4 star book. I recommend it. Don't you all LOVE this cover.
 The Mary Reader received this book from the author for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

18 comments:

  1. Yes, I do love the cover. This sounds like a book that I will share with many young girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make this book sounds so good. I'm going to buy my copy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like that cover. I will check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to ask the library to order this one for me. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the girls in my youth group will benefit from this one. I will share it with them. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a book young girls will enjoy reading and learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover and the title. Even though it sounds like a book that a younger reader would like, I think that I would enjoy it also. Thanks, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this cover. I want to read this after reading your review of it. Good one it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great sounding read. I for one love YA books. Thanks for sharing this one. I have seen you share the cover on facebook and I was wondering if I should order a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great book! I'm always looking for a good YA to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness I love this cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Please !!! Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  13. This cover this cover THIS COVER!!! I love this cover and I am dying to add this one to my collection! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete