Monday, August 28, 2017

Always Close to Home By Jerry Eicher




Are Two Miracles Too Much to Ask For?
Twins Laura and Lydia Mast keep few secrets from each other, but even Laura doesn't sense the great ache Lydia has held in her heart since Laura started dating the charming John Yoder. When will it be Lydia's turn for love?

Despite having a willing suitor in Wendell Kaufman, who once unsuccessfully pursued her sister, Lydia's attention is fixed on Milton Beiler. Milton hasn't paid Lydia the least bit of attention, and worse still, he's on rumspringa and conflicted about permanently joining the church.

Meanwhile, Laura's world is turned upside down when a tragic accident threatens her dreams of becoming John's frau. Despite the obstacles in her path, Laura remains steadfast in her faith.

Will Lydia's love for Milton win out over his love for the world, and is Laura strong enough to face an uncertain future with John? Only the Lord has the answers the Mast sisters so desperately search for.


Pick up your copy here...




As a boy, Jerry Eicher spent eight years in Honduras where his grandfather helped found an Amish community outreach. As an adult, Jerry taught for two terms in parochial Amish and Mennonite schools in Ohio and Illinois. He has been involved in church renewal for 14 years and has preached in churches and conducted weekend meetings of in-depth Bible teaching. Jerry lives with his wife, Tina, and their four children in Virginia.

My Thoughts...
 
 Oh Yes book three in The St. Lawrence County Amish was everything I was hoping it would be and more.
I loved the answered prayers and the miracles that they twins and their daddy got answered.
I dove into the book and never came up for air until the very end.
Eicher writes Amish so well being that he was Amish at one time. He knows what he's writing about.
I loved this ending to this series, it can be read as a stand alone but I think you will be very happy reading this whole series.
I gave this book and the whole series 5 stars two times! I HIGHLY recommend it.
The Mary Readereceived this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

15 comments:

  1. I can tell by your review that this is one that I need to read. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, Mary, Mary no more amish books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is one to add to my library list. I have been witing on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the first two when you reviewed them a long time ago and I have not read them yet, I waited on this one to come. I can't wait to read them all together now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After your excited review, I will have to get this series. I can't wait now to read them. 5 stars 2 times means I must buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know my wife will want to read this one she likes this author. I will tell her about your review for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I read the first two and loved them so much. I will be ordering this one as well. I love the 5 star two times reviews. I can always count on your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely want to read these! Thanks Mary for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not yet read Jerry's books, even though I have a couple on my Kindle. Maybe I ought to move them up :-) Thanks for the review, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. With a review like this one, this book sounds like a must read. Thank you, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As many Amish books as I have read, I've never read one by this author. Looks like I'll have to!
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT review! I want to read this series bad! Thanks for adding another book to my wish/TBR list. :-)

    ReplyDelete