Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Murder is No Accident By Ann Gabhart




Young Maggie Greene may be trespassing in the old, empty Victorian mansion on a quiet street in Hidden Springs, but all she wants is some private time in the magnificent tower room to write her stories. Certain she'll be in trouble if caught, she hides when a realtor shows up. But someone else is in the house too, someone even more worried about getting caught. When Maggie finds the realtor's body at the bottom of a flight of stairs and the other person gone, Deputy Sheriff Michael Keane is called in. He assumes the realtor's death is a tragic accident--until a second person is found dead in the house. When Maggie is threatened, Michael must catch the murderer before anyone else dies.

Cozy mystery fans will love this third installment in The Hidden Springs Mysteries series from an author who knows how to make small-town America sweet, sentimental--and a little sinister.

Pick up your copy here...


Ann H. Gabhart caught the writing bug at the age of ten and has been writing ever since. An award winning author, she's published many books for both adults and young adults. Scent of Lilacs, her first inspirational novel, was chosen as a Top Ten Christian Fiction Book by Booklist magazine. Her Shaker novel, The Outsider, was a finalist for ECPA Christian Fiction Book of the Year and was a Top Pick by Romantic Times Book Review Magazine. Love Comes Home won the Selah Book of the Year award. Ann writes about Kentucky history and small town life and as A.H. Gabhart is the author of the Hidden Springs mysteries.

Ann lives on a farm in Kentucky not far from where she was born. She and her husband have three children and nine grandchildren. Ann loves hiking on her farm with her grandkids and her dog, Oscar. See more about her books at www.annhgabhart.com or join the conversation on her Facebook page, www.facebook.com/anngabhart.


I was so excited to go back to Hidden Springs. Gabhart writes mysteries that are unpredictable. You are guessing until the very end.
Unlike most writers she has you on the edge of your seat. The characters are likeable and so real.
Only thing I can say about this third book in the Hidden Springs mystery series is  I did not want it to end.
This is a three book series and you should read all three books in order the characters go from one book to the other.
This was such a treat I can't wait to what Gabhart comes up with next. 
I gave this book 5 stars. I HIGHLY recommend the whole series.
I received  this book from the author for review. A favorable was not required and all views expressed are my own.

17 comments:

  1. You had me at 5 stars. I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally don't like murder mysteries, but since you gave it 5 stars, it has to a good book. I will have to check this one out. Thanks, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first two books were so good. I can't wait to get this one and complete the series. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this one to go with my other two. I love these books and I don't care for mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not say that I have read anything like these books before. These take me away to another place when reading them. This author has a way with words. I love this series so far cant wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a book that you don't go get from the library, these books you can e=read over and over. I just ordered mine. Any book that you give 5 stars to I buy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These books take me away to KY, Hidden Springs and I feel like I am living between the pages. I love fishing with Mike. It's so real like watching it play out. Thanks for telling me the next book is out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds very intriguing, I love a good mystery and this book sounds like one I could get lost in. Great review thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great review, Mary. I don't always comment on reviews because sometimes I think it might make the reviewer uncomfortable. Do you think that's true? For you or other reviewers you know? But some of the comments here were so nice, I just had to respond. Love where Amanda says she loves fishing with Mike. And it's fun that Willard, Emma and Natalie were eager to make a return visit to Hidden Springs for mystery 3. And Skylar was so nice to suggest re-reading my stories. That's a big compliment. Thank you, Skylar. Also fun that so many of your readers were ready to take a chance on my book if you gave it 5 stars. So thank you for that. I enjoy meeting new readers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous review! I am adding this one to my wish list! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for a great review, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read the first book in the series and I loved it! Good job Ann!! Nice review Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have "Murder Comes by Mail" on my bookshelf and I'd love to add this one to my collection. My husband read the first two books and loved them. He's a huge mystery/cozy mystery fan :-) Thanks for the excellent review Mary!

    ReplyDelete