Thursday, March 23, 2017

Sunset in Old Savannah By Mary Ellis


In Savannah, Everyone Has Something to Hide
When socialite Evelyn Doyle hires investigative partners and best friends Michael Preston and Elizabeth Kirby to do some routine surveillance on her wayward husband, the detective duo find themselves embroiled in a mystery that leaves them in this beautiful, historic city longer than they had expected.

Evelyn's husband turns up dead, leaving her as the police chief's prime target. The investigation reveals a hodgepodge of potential murderers, including a scheming business partner, a resentful mistress, and a ne'er-do-well brother. It's up to Mike and Beth to follow the trail of secrets that reaches further than the branches of the moss-draped oaks of Savannah.

As praise of the agency gets
around town, business is growing for Price Investigations. When Mike and Beth hire Kaitlyn Webb, Savannah's newest transplant, their workload eases, but will the ghosts of her past threaten everyone's safety before a killer can be put behind bars? And can Mike and Beth find love as their friendship and faith are put to the test?

Pick up your copy here...



Mary Ellis has written twelve award-winning novels set in the Amish community and several historical romances. Her latest, Magnolia Moonlight, is third of a new mystery series, Secrets of the South, from Harvest House Publishers. Before "retiring" to write full-time, Mary taught school and worked as a sales rep for Hershey Chocolate, a job with amazingly sweet fringe benefits. She enjoys traveling, gardening, bicycling and swimming, and lives in Ohio with her husband, dog and cat. Sunset in Old Savannah will release in early 2017. She can be found on the web at: www.maryellis.net or www.facebook.com/Mary-Ellis/Author

Usually I am more of a chick lit girl, but this mystery by Ellis had me from the very beginning. This is the fourth book in the Secrets Of The South Mysteries I loved this story from beginning to the end. The characters have ones that you will love and some you will love to dislike. Beth and Michael are a very good  characters . The author had me guessing who actually committed the crime until the very end. This book has it all mystery, romance and a little action. This was a good clean fun read.  I have to say I loved the setting for this book.
I gave this book 5 stars. This can read as a stand alone BUT why would you want to the whole series all four books are fantastic.
I received  this book from the author/publisher for review. A favorable was not required and all views expressed are my own.

16 comments:

  1. I love a mystery and it gets 5 starts from you. I'm definitely getting this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole series has been one that I've been wanting to read for a long time. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally don't like mystery books, but this does sound like a great book that I would love to read, and the fact that Mary gave it 5 stars lets me know that it would be one that I would want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read the first three books in this series so of course I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mary's Books. I will be reading this last one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mysteries and romances are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been saving the first 3 to read until I got this one so I could read them all together. Now I can finish this book I'm reading and start these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good mystery now that I'm ready for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We will be reading these at my house. We first learned about this author from you Mary here on your blog. My wife loves her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited to get to finish this series but a little sad to see it come to an end. Maybe she will write another series somewhat like this one. Thanks for sharing Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, You are the WINNER! I ordered you a copy from Amazon it will shipped to you from Amazon. I always keep Mary's books on my personal bookshelf!

      Delete
    2. Mary that is so sweet of you! Thank you caring for your readers!

      Delete
  11. I love a good mystery book and this sounds like it would really be one. Can't wait to read it.Thanks for a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Mary is a wonderful writer. Great review, Mary! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete