Tuesday, March 7, 2017

When God Says Wait By Elizabeth Thompson



A job, a true love, a baby, a cure. . .
We’re all waiting for something from God.
And the place between His answers can feel like a wasteland where dreams—and faith—go to die.
When we’re waiting, we wonder, “Why?”, “Why me?”, and “How long?”

But the truth? . . .
When God says, “Wait,” He doesn’t tell us for how long.
When God says, “Wait,” we face one of life’s greatest tests.
When God says, “Wait,” we have decisions to make.
When God says, “Wait,” we can control only two things: how we wait, and who we become along the way.

Author Elizabeth Laing Thompson invites you to walk alongside people of the Bible who had to wait on God. . .imperfect heroes like David, Miriam, Naomi, Sarah, Joseph, and others. Their stories will provide a roadmap for your own story, helping you navigate the painful, lonely territory of waiting, coming out on the other side with your faith, relationships, and sense of humor intact. They might even help you learn to enjoy the ride.

This book is about the journey of waiting, the space between answers, and the people we become while we live there. 

Pick up your copy here...


Elizabeth Laing Thompson writes at LizzyLife.com about clinging to Christ through the chaos of daily life. As a minister, speaker, and novelist, she is always seeking humor in holiness and hope in heartache. Her next book, When God Says, "Wait," releases from Barbour Publishing on March 1, 2017, and is now available for preorder. Elizabeth lives in North Carolina with her husband and children, and they were totally worth the wait.

When God Says, "Wait" is Elizabeth's first book through a traditional press, although she has previously published through independent presses. Some of her other books include a young adult novel, The Thirteenth Summer, and a book for mothers of preschoolers, The Tender Years: Parenting Preschoolers (coauthored with her mother, Geri Laing). Elizabeth's essays and poetry have appeared in The Huffington Post, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Power for Living, Mamalode, Coffee + Crumbs, and BonBon Break.

Elizabeth married her college sweetheart, Kevin Thompson, after spending several years swooning over him from the passenger seat of his Dodge Avenger on the drive to church every Sunday. Together the newlyweds went to work serving campus ministries in North Carolina and Georgia. After a long struggle with infertility, Kevin and Elizabeth became the always exhausted but totally grateful parents of one large dog and four loud kids. Now after 17 years of marriage, they still like each other even though Elizabeth beats Kevin at Ping-Pong and buys too many scandalously overpriced mochas.

Elizabeth often addresses issues of Christian parenting on her website and Facebook page (https://facebook.com/alizzylife), and she writes, "We are an imperfect family, fighting to do this godly parenting thing God’s way. Our house is too small and our kids are too loud. There are a lot of random gymnastics at inappropriate moments. We have frequent dance-party-related injuries, and epic sock toss battles. We call ourselves the Crazies, because we really are—but most days, we mean that in a good way. I pray the lessons we’re learning, trying to wrestle Christ into the chaos of family life—will give you hope, encouragement, and a lot of good laughs."

To connect with Elizabeth, visit her website, http://LizzyLife.com, and Facebook page, https://facebook.com/alizzylife.

Is it possible that this book was wrote just for me?  I'm in a waiting period in my life right now and this book has so much biblical wisdom and great insights.
It will be read in one sitting it's just that good, you won't be able to put it down.
I was a little surprised just how much this book resonated with me.
I can't tell you how I hope you all grab a copy of this book. You will be so glad that you did.
I gave this book 4 stars. I HIGLY recommend it.
I received  this book from Wynn Wynn Media for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.

17 comments:

  1. This book sounds like Ms. Thompson had me in mind when she wrote it! I have been waiting, sometimes not patiently, on God seems like for a lifetime. I definitely need to read this book. Thank you Mary for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds very interesting, I would not mind reading it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this one. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting is my weakness. This is a much needed read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Well, I really need to read this. Waiting on God is not my strong point. The Struggle is real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of this book. This is not one that I will go get at the library. I will write all in this one I bet. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go ahead send this one on to my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just placed my order for this book. Amazon has a lot of good things to say about it also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many things I could say about this book. I will just say this. It was wrote for me. I can't wait to dive into it. Mary, I thank you so much for sharing this one with us. I sure am going to take my time with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review for what sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a book! It sounds wonderful, Mary and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review! Sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've gone through a rough 4 years and this book sounds like just what I need to get set back on the right path. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! It's going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Thank you so much! I'm excited to get this book. I could really use it right now :-)

      Delete