Friday, June 12, 2015

Dead Dog Like Me By Max Davis



Megachurch pastor Nick Gregory's life is falling apart. His wife is filing for divorce. His congregation is questioning his leadership. His faith is nearly nonexistent. It goes down hill from there. When he regains consciousness after a horrific car crash, Nick realizes he is no longer in his hometown-or even in the twenty-first century. Transported back in time to 800 B.C. and into the body of King Saul's grandson Mephibosheth, Nick must quickly adapt to a completely different way of living. Can the experience of living as a another broken man, desperate for God's healing, bring healing to Nick himself-if he can ever get back home? A novel of adventure, redemption, and outrageous grace, Dead Dog Like Me takes you back in time to know more deeply a God who never changes, a God who lavishes you with His love.

Pick up your copy here...


Max Davis holds degrees in Journalism and Biblical Studies. He is the author of over twenty books of both fiction and non-fiction. His books have been translated into several languages and have been featured on shows such as The 700 Club, The Today Show, and in USA Today. He and his wife Alanna live on thirty beautiful acres in Greenwell Springs, LA. To learn more, visit www.MaxDavisBooks.com.

I got so wrapped up in this book, it was written different but written very well. I love the present story then going back to King David's time.
Davis has a way with words. The pages come alive.
If your ready for a book of healing, then you really shouldn't miss this one.
This story God reveals himself on almost every page.
This book is a four star book not to be missed. I recommend it.
I was given a copy of this book by Wynn Wynn Media for my honest review.

9 comments:

  1. Now this book seems right up my alley. Gonna buy this one right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm.....sounds like a very interesting book - different - but interesting and one that I would like to read. Thanks Mary for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review Mary. This books sounds different from any other book I have ever read.

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like one i want to dive right into. Thank you Mary, I have never heard of this author before it seems I've been missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of this one a lot!!!!!!!!!! Thanks .Blessings,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds really good. Does books plot take place during actual bible stories. I guess I'm saying does the plot and bible stories revolve around each other. If not it still sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds very clever. I think I will really enjoy this read

    ReplyDelete