Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Good, The Bad, and the Grace Of God By Jep and Jessica Robertson



A Moving Story of Redemption and Second Chances
 
Jep Robertson, the youngest son of Duck Commander Phil Robertson, and his wife, Jessica, open up about their personal trials, their early years together, and the challenges that might have destroyed them both had the grace of God not intervened. Jep describes being molested as a child and his reluctance to tell anyone until only a few years ago, his downward spiral into drug and alcohol abuse, and the eventual intervention of his family. Jessica shares about the difficult failure of her first marriage while still a teenager and the hurt that came along with it, much of it from the church. Her insecurities spun out of control as she wondered whether she would ever be good enough or pretty enough. This book is their love story but, more importantly, their love story for God.

“We are desperate to let people know that no matter what you’ve done; no matter what you’ve lived through, you can come out of it.  You can be washed clean.  You are redeemed."

Pick up your copy here...



Jess and Jep are officially my favorite Duck Dynasty stars after reading this fabulous book.
Thy are real people with real problems they have trusted Jesus along the way.
Jess was so easy to connect with. She is just like your best fiend.
Each chapter either Jess or Jep tell their story and how they dealt with it and I just admire them both so much after sharing their lives with me in this book.  
This is a MUST read 5 star two times book. I HIGHLY recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

13 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like it will be a Awesome book to read .Love to read about testimonies about God healing people's lives .Sounds Great !! Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what I'm talking about stars that are real people not ashamed of Jesus. I really want to read this book after reading your review Mary. Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Robertson family. I love how they are unapologetic on standing for their faith way. I am excited about reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually say how much my wife will enjoy a book but this tome this one is for me. I love the Robertson family and how they stand for Jesus. I am sure I will fall in love with this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get my copy. I already ordered it on amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A television show sometimes doesn't allow you to completely get to know a real person. But when they put themselves on paper that is when you can truly connect and feel like you have a new friend. I am going to love this one. Thank you Mary for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet this will be a great read. Thank you mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait. Going over to amazon now. Thank you Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the the duck dynasty family. They are such a great family of faith and values.I am going to buy this book and read and I am sure it will become one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love their show and I am sure that I will love this book! They are such great Christian roll models that stand up for what they believe in and I am sure this book is an inspiring read! Thanks for the review Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great book from your great review Mary! I'm looking forward to reading this one!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your review, Mary. I really admire each member of the Robertson family for taking a stand for God - amidst criticism. I enjoy Duck Dynasty - one of my fave parts is the family gathering at the table for a meal (at the end of each show) and always saying a prayer of thankfulness. I would love to read "The Good, the Bad, and the Grace of God". Thanks for the giveaway opportunity!!

    bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete