Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Heart's Betrayal By Colleen Coble



Emmie finds shelter in the arms of a soldier, but her secret could drive them apart.
When Emmie Croftner answered the door to her late husband’s home, she discovered an awful truth: her deceased husband was a bigamist. And what’s more, the home she thought she inherited never belonged to her at all.
Suddenly displaced, powerless, and ashamed, Emmie can’t stay in Wabash, Indiana. She makes a hopeful start for Fort Laramie, Wyoming, to find her friend Sarah Montgomery and a new beginning. But when she arrives, she discovers she’s pregnant—and without a husband. The new start she’d hoped for slips from her fingers. 
But then she meets Isaac Liddle, a handsome soldier with a kind heart. When he begins to court her, Emmie wonders whether she could ever really be his—and whether she dares to tell him she is carrying another man’s baby.

Pick up your copy here...



Best-selling author Colleen Coble's novels have won or finaled in awards ranging from the Best Books of Indiana, the ACFW Carol Award, the Romance Writers of America RITA, the Holt Medallion, the Daphne du Maurier, National Readers' Choice, and the Booksellers Best. She has over 2 million books in print and writes romantic mysteries because she loves to see justice prevail. Colleen is CEO of American Christian Fiction Writers. She lives with her husband Dave in Indiana. Visit her website at http://colleencoble.com

The latest installment picks up where the previous book left off. Its focus is mostly on Emmie Croftner throughout this book.
You really get a feel for the rugged country side and the terrain in this book.
 Isaac and Emmie's relationship is more a friendship, I 'm guessing the next book will have them fall in love.
These books are short reads in this series, I would like to have had them all compiled in one book.
I gave this book 4 stars and I hope that you will given this series a try.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

10 comments:

  1. I love her books, but I'm with you Mary, she should have them all compiled in one book. I am not a fan of short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of this one A lot !! Thanks Blessings DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read. I liked your review of it Mary! Definitely a book worth having.

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Erik be reading this soon. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited to continue this series. Thank you for a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife has been reading this series. I will have to go buy this book for her. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like I have a new series to start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about them being short. Them compiled in one book would have been nice. Thank you for an honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series is pretty good. It seems that they are coming out a month in between each book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy Colleen Coble's books I look forward to this series.

    ReplyDelete