Monday, April 11, 2016

Covered Bridge Charm By Dianne Christner



Carly Blosser may not match the typical description of a conservative Mennonite woman—unmarried at 27, living alone, and careening around her Oregon neighborhood on a pink bicycle—but she has a soft heart for the elderly Mennonite residents at Sweet Life Assisted Living Facility, where she works as a caregiver. When Carly's plans for a new volunteer program go awry, she shifts her focus to one lonely resident named Martha. Adam Lapp, a wood shop instructor at Sweet Life, joins with Carly to reunite Martha with an old flame before her 85th birthday. Carly and Adam's hunt involves carved initials on covered bridges, digging up the past, and the appearance of a newcomer, who hinders the budding romance between the two. Soon, new clues sweep them all in a harried race to the finish line where love is sure to be the ultimate prize.

Pick up your copy here...


Dianne Christner lives in Phoenix, Arizona. Her Mennonite background brings authenticity to her new contemporary series about the plain people. Before this, she had several historical fictions published. Dianne is a member of Romance Writers of America, American Christian Fiction Writers, Christian Writers of the West, and National Association of Professional Women. She invites you to visit her website and blog.

Covered Bridges Charm is an outstanding read. Christner is so good at writing a story with characters you fall in love with. But my favorite character in the story was Adam. I loved what he did with initials that were carved in the old bridge in the story. It is a heart warming story that I did not want to come to an end. The story is a little different but it's a good different. There are several stories going on at the same time in the book that you have to keep sorted.
I gave this book 4 stars. I recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the Author for my honest review.

12 comments:

  1. Like like like like the sound of this one .Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready for a good Amish book. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christner is one of my favorites. Thank you for another great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a book that I definitely want to read! Thank you again Mary for a wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mable, you are the WINNER! Your book is on its way!

      Delete
  5. This author had not written a book in a long time I read her Something Old Something New and Something Blue series I think those are her only books. They Were really good books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Amish books. This one sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to read lots of Amish books but I have stopped buying them any more they are all the same stories over and over. This one sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't read Amish books anymore because I like a variety when I read. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My wife might like this one. I will have to share this with her tonight.

    ReplyDelete