Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Longing in Me By Sheila Walsh



Do your desires have you going around in circles? You may be looking for fulfillment in all the wrong places.
You vowed you’d never repeat the same mistakes—yet you find yourself right where you started. What is it that keeps drawing you back into the same old traps? The fact is, your longings are built from the blueprint of your needs: for protection, for love, for God. And those needs aren’t going anywhere.
Sheila speaks candidly about the trials in her life, including the heartache of her first marriage, and intertwines her story with the biblical saga of King David. As both Sheila’s and David’s stories make clear, some cravings are misguided, but they all stem from the same hunger—and they will haunt you until that hunger gets satisfied properly.
If you keep reaching out to the wrong people at the wrong times in your own life, The Longing in Me will help you understand that your cravings are not the problem. It’s where they lead you that makes all the difference.

Pick up your copy here...

 
 

Sheila Walsh is an author, speaker and Bible teacher who has sold over 4 million books. Her heart is to show what happens when your real life meets the Word of God. She is the author of the #1 best-selling line of Christian books for little girls, "Gigi, God's Little Princess." Sheila is the creator of Children of Faith and the Gnoo Zoo, a ministry to children that communicates God's love for them. She is the author of several books for women including "Honestly," "Gifts for Your Soul," "Living Fearlessly," and "The Best Devotions of Sheila Walsh", "The Shelter of God's Promises" and her latest book, "God Loves Broken People and those who pretend they're not." As an accomplished musician, Sheila has recently released the CD "Beauty From Ashes." Sheila, her husband, Barry and their son, Christian live in Dallas, Texas.

This book has the capability to transform your life if you will let it.
We are have a longing in us. Sheila spells it out and uses the Bible to teach us God is for us 100 percent and God loves us and welcomes us just as we are.
He will never turn away from us He will never be to busy for us He will stop listening to us and He will never chose to be with someone else rather that us. He is with you right now just as He is with me.
Shelia has written a much needed book for us as Christians today.
I love the stories that Sheila shares through out this book and how transparent she is.
What I would give to get to spend the day just talking to her.
I LOVED this book I gave it 5 stars two times, And I plan to read it many more times. It will stay on my bookshelf.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

12 comments:

  1. I really like your review of this one I can tell that you really liked this book. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelia has been around a long time. She is a great teacher of Gods word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great book so refreshing. I need to get this one.
    I Love Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May not be a book to borrow, I can see it full of notes and highlights. I need to get a personal copy of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to see this review. We need more authors to write Bible studies so we can grow in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife and I are taking this Bible study right now and I have to say it is eye opening and lifting us up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best review, it makes me want this book. I am a fan of Walsh I liked watching her on the 700 show years ago I liked her music also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great review. We all need to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of the time I don't read non-fiction books. I stay with fiction to go on little vacations a few times a month. But after reading your review, I want to add this book to my Bible reading time.Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a very inspirational book that lots of us could use! Thank you Mary for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post and book speaks to me after a hard week. Thanks for the recommendation & encouragement, Mary.

    ReplyDelete