Friday, April 15, 2016

Simple Pleasures By Marianne Jantzi


Young Amish homemaker Marianne Jantzi invites readers into her family s life and Amish community. The mother of four young children, Jantzi writes about her daily routines and heartfelt faith with equal measures of wit and warmth. Sewing, cleaning, cooking, gardening, and helping to manage the family store take up most hours in her day, but Jantzi finds time to pen columns for the Connection, a magazine beloved by Amish and Mennonite readers. Never sugarcoating the frustrations of motherhood, Jantzi tells it like it is, broken washing machine and bickering children and all. But through her busy days, Jantzi finds strength in simple pleasures of family, fellowship with her Amish community, and quiet time with God.
Hear straight from Amish people themselves as they write about their daily lives and deeply rooted faith in the Plainspoken series from Herald Press. Each book includes A Day in the Life of the Author and the author s answers to FAQs about the Amish.

Pick up your copy here...

Marianne Jantzi is an Amish writer and homemaker. Formerly a teacher in an Amish school, Jantzi now educates and inspires through her Northern Reflections column for the Connection. She and her husband have four young children and run a shoe store in the Milverton Amish community of Ontario.

Look at that cover don't you just love it!
This book was a little  hard for me to get into for some reason. Its a series of short very short stories about friends coming to visit, the authors kids and husband. Its allover the place.
The stories were a great way to get to know this Amish lady and her family. She was for the most part an open book with her stories. I loved her kids from the start.
It does have some good recipes in the back of the book the Amish can sure cook!
I gave this book 3.5 stars for the choppy writing but I gave it 4 stars for the effort of the stories that were told.
Marianne is a true Amish mother with a huge heart.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

14 comments:

  1. I love reading about the Amish (my favorite genre) but am not quite certain about this one. Thanks Mary for your honest reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mable, you are the WINNER! Your book is on the way!

      Delete
  2. I really wished that you had liked this one. But I guess I will not get it to read after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I may not want to read this one Choppy writing turns me off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might check this one out at my library. Its not one I would buy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not so sure about this one, But I have to tell you that I do like the cover on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I will pass. I can't stay in a book that goes all over the place. My attention span is very short.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well choppy writing is not what I want to spend my money on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amish only school to the eighth grade so maybe that's why the writing is not so good. I will pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will read this one just to meet her kids. I do like the cover of it also mary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the cover and I will read this book even if it is all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great book with which to do some research for my next book!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward to reading this book.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete