Sunday, April 17, 2016

Oscar the Extraordinary Hummingbird By Lisa Smith




Faith filled lessons permeate the book, gently woven from Lisa's experiences. The title story of a gravely injured hummingbird that God dropped into her life demonstrates trust, obedience, the love of the Creator, and finding blessings in brokenness...while pointing to the hand of God around us. “
"Ask the beasts. . . and the birds of the heavens. . .Or speak to the earth. . .and let the fish of the sea declare to you. . .the Lord. . .in whose hand is the life of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind?"” Job 12:7-10

Pick up your copy here...


A long-time Bible student with a passion to help people grasp the depths of God's love, Lisa has been called "the parable teacher". Using stories of everyday life and Creation, she weaves gentle stories of inspiration, hope, and love with the common theme of seeing the hand of God at work.

So many refreshing stories to bless you each day.
This was really a sweet read and I enjoyed the lessons and the clean stories that Smith shares.
This is a book to read each morning on your quite time.
l am surprised that I enjoyed the lessons learned as much as I did. Its a book everyone should read  you just might increase your faith, and enjoy it and share it with those book lovers in your life.
I gave this book 4 stars and I think you will enjoy this little book.
I was given a copy of this book by the author for my honest review.

11 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this author, I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to increase my faith. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book but I think I will pass on this one. Never heard of this author. Thanks Mary for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for introducing me to another extraordinary author. I would love to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a very inspirational read. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to buy it, read it and then pass it along to my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great read. I think I am going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to order this book because of your review makes it sound so good. Thank you Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, you are the WINNER! Your book is on the way!

      Delete
  9. Sounds Awesome!!! Thank you for sharing this. I am going to buy it now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I am going to love this one

    ReplyDelete