Saturday, September 10, 2016

One of the Few By Jason Ladd





Jason B. Ladd grows up in a military family with loving parents but spends his young life filled with spiritual apathy.

Ladd enters the US Marine Corps, becomes a fighter pilot, and sees combat in Iraq before life events align to nudge him into profound spiritual inquiry. Digging deep into his quest for truth, he realizes the art and science of fighter pilot fundamentals can help him on his journey.

Filled with stories that contrast his spiritual apathy with his post-Christian worldview passion, One of the Few is the compelling life story of a spiritual seeker engaged in a thrilling profession combined with a strong, reasonable defense of Christianity.

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/One-Few-Reconnaissance-Christian-Worldview/dp/0996538402/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473522273&sr=8-1&keywords=one+of+the+few+jason+ladd



Author website: http://www.jasonbladd.com
---
Jason B. Ladd is an award-winning author, US Marine, and Iraq War veteran. Ladd served on active duty with the Marines for fourteen years and has flown as an instructor pilot in both the F/A-18 and the F-16 fighter jets. He is the founder of Boone Shepherd, LLC and creator of IndieListers.com, the largest live online database of book promotions results built by authors. He and his wife, Karry, are the parents of five children.

His book One of the Few was awarded as Finalist in the 2016 Next Generation Indie Book Awards.


One Of The Few is surprisingly a good read. Ladd is a US Marine and an Iraq war veteran. He writes about his journey coming to know Christ as a young man to his adult life as a Christian. he draws comparisons between his life as a marine and his life as a Christian. At the beginning of every chapter there is two quotes. One from a non-believer and then a quote from scripture. The Scripture from the Bible contradicts the non-believers quote. There are questions that he asks as a child about God in the beginning of the book. You don't find the answers to the questions until later in the book. I really enjoyed reading about his strong faith in Christ. 
I gave this book 4 stars. Give it a try.
I was given a copy of this book by the author for my honest review.

11 comments:

  1. I know a young man that is a marine and I think this book could help him a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the quotes at the beginning of each chapter and I think I might enjoy reading this. Thanks again Mary for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to Thank Jason for his service. I think I will buy a copy for a young man at church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I may like this book. I love life stories like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad was a Marine. I think I may love this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a young man that is a member at my church that enlisted in the Marines. I think I may buy this for him as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very encouraging read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a very exciting and spiritual read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can never thank our brave men and women for the sacrifices they make to keep us safe and guard our freedom. I would love to read this book. It sounds like it is well written. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete