Thursday, June 29, 2017

Jane of Austin By Hillary Manton Lodge




Just a few years after their father’s business scandal shatters their lives, Jane and Celia Woodward find themselves forced out of their San Francisco tea shop. The last thing Jane wants is to leave their beloved shop on Valencia Street, but when Celia insists on a move to Austin, Texas, the sisters pack up their kid sister Margot and Jane’s tea plants, determined to start over yet again.

But life in Austin isn’t all sweet tea and breakfast tacos. Their unusual living situation is challenging and unspoken words begin to fester between Jane and Celia. When Jane meets and falls for up-and-coming musician Sean Willis, the chasm grows deeper.

While Sean seems to charm everyone in his path, one person is immune – retired Marine Captain Callum Beckett. Callum never meant to leave the military, but the twin losses of his father and his left leg have returned him to the place he least expected—Texas. 

In this modern spin on the Austen classic, Sense and Sensibility, the Woodward sisters must contend with new ingredients in unfamiliar kitchens, a dash of heartbreak, and the fragile hope that maybe home isn't so far away.

Pick up your copy here..
 
 
 
Hillary Manton Lodge is the author of six novels, including Jane of Austin,Together at the Table, Reservations for Two, and the INSPY Award-nominated A Table by the Window. When not writing books, blogs, or newsletters, she enjoys experimenting in the kitchen and exploring her most recent hometown of Memphis, Tennessee. She shares her home with her husband, Danny, and their Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Shiloh and Sylvie.

My Thoughts...
Jane Austin Fan? Sense and Sensibility fan? Then you are going to LOVE this modern spin. Author Lodge has a passion for Jane Austin and you can see it on every page of this fresh read.
Characters are so real and charming. I would love to see this book made into a movie. The romance alone in this book is so worth the read.  Callum the hero is swoon worthy, in my book.
The story is one I will cherish for a long time. This book will stay on my personal book shelf.
Author Lodge is a foodie at the end of some of the chapters are some sweet recipes.
I gave this book 5 stars two times. I HIGHLY recommend this book.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.

15 comments:

  1. This sounds really like it was written for me. This book and a sweet tea wind blowing all the while swinging on my porch swing reading. Yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this book! Can't wait to read it! It's next on my TBR list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife has been waiting on this one all month. The Cover was on the Up Next! sidebar and she wants to read this one so badly. I will let her know you said to run and get a copy right away Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My My My this one is one I would love to sit and read all the while sipping a sweet tea. I will also have to try out a few recipes in the book. I may have missed this one, thanks for Sharing it Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds like my cup of tea pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 stars two times. I know that I will be buying this book. I love Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First where is my Mary Reader bookmark? Now on to the real big question, Can I get Amazon to have this at my house when I get home this evening?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a book that I want to read! Thanks Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to read this, because it is 5 stars 2 times I will order it. I love Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I saw this post this morning. I was waiting until the library opened to ask about it and guess what they told me a very long waiting list. I would have to wait months to read it. So I am going to Barnes and Noble to get my own copy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a winner! Thank you,Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been just recently seeing this one around and was wondering about it. From your review, it's not to be missed :-)

    ReplyDelete