Thursday, June 22, 2017

Naomi's Hope By Jan Drexler



Despite growing pains in her 1846 Amish community in Indiana, Naomi Schrock has settled into a comfortable life in her parents' home with her adopted son, Davey. Surrounded by family and friends, she tries not to think about the fact that she's not at the top of any man's list of potential wives. Yet when Cap Stoltzfus moves into the area and befriends Davey, Naomi finds herself caught between the plans she has made for her future and the tantalizing thought that Cap might be part of a life she never dared to hope for.

When a couple shows up claiming to be Davey's true family, Naomi and Cap must unite to make the decision that will determine the boy's future as well as their own. How can she relinquish him to these unknown relatives? And can God somehow bring wholeness to her heart?

Pick up your copy here...

Jan's husband of thirty years often says she's never happier than when she's in the kitchen cooking for someone, and he's right. With her Amish and Mennonite ancestry, mid-American roots and unending quest to be a stay-at-home wife and mother, Jan has always enjoyed cooking from scratch and sharing the subsequent goodies with friends and family.

Jan and her family have lived all through the mid-west, from Indiana to Texas to Kentucky to South Dakota, with a few others in between. Born in Michigan, Jan still proudly carries her pocket map of Michigan on the end of her arm, like all true Michiganders, and will gladly give you a tour of her home state. But her current love is the Black Hills of South Dakota, where she can be found hiking the Hills in all kinds of weather and regularly visiting the "boys" at Mt. Rushmore.

Having recently graduated from Homeschool Mom-hood (Summa cum Laude!), Jan devotes her time to the voices in her head who have been clamoring for attention during the last few decades. Instead of declining Latin nouns and reviewing rhetorical devices, her days are now spent at the computer where she gives her characters free rein.

Visit Jan at www.JanDrexler.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JanDrexlerAuthor

My Thoughts...

This is the third book in the Journey to Pleasant Prairie but it can be read as a stand alone.
You are going to love Naomi and Davey. If you are a fan of Amish Romances then you are going to enjoy this one.
Real characters that feel like you know them. The novel its self was slow, But it ends really fast. Needed a little bit better editing of the story line.
I gave this book 4 stars and hope to read some more of Drexlers books in the future.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.

16 comments:

  1. This one is coming up in my TBR pile! Can't wait. Great review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read this one. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one. Great review! Thank you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I might like to read this one. Thanks for sharing it Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife and I both tried to read the first book in this series and we could not get it read. I will pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a book that I would love to read since Amish reads are my favorite! Thanks Mary for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will check the library to see if they have this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not another Amish book, I will pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read the first one in the series and I did not care to much for it. But thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, You are the WINNER! I will get your book out to you today!

      Delete
  11. Mary, it sounds like this might not be one for me after reading your review. Thank you for posting about it. Don't enter me to win this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just recently won a copy of this on a different blog. I now have two of Jan's books in this series and will be picking up the first one "Hannah's Choice" to complete my collection!

    Thanks for the review Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Amish books !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete