Monday, June 26, 2017

Just Look Up By Courtney Walsh




After tirelessly climbing the ranks of her Chicago-based interior design firm, Lane Kelley is about to land her dream promotion when devastating news about her brother draws her back home―a quaint tourist town full of memories she’d just as soon forget. With her cell phone and laptop always within reach, Lane aims to check on her brother while staying focused on work―something her eclectic family doesn’t understand.

Ryan Brooks never expected to settle down in Harbor Pointe, Michigan, but after his final tour of duty, it was the only place that felt like home. Now knee-deep in a renovation project that could boost tourism for the struggling town, he is thrilled to see Lane, the girl he secretly once loved, even if the circumstances of her homecoming aren’t ideal.

Their reunion gets off to a rocky start, however, when Ryan can’t find a trace of the girl he once knew in the woman she is today. As he slowly chips away at the walls Lane has built, secrets from his past collide with a terrible truth even he is reluctant to believe. Facing a crossroads that could define his future with Lane and jeopardize his relationship with the surrogate family he’s found in the Kelleys, Ryan hopes Lane can see that maybe what really matters has been right in front of her all along―if only she’d just look up.

Pick up your copy here...



Courtney Walsh is a novelist, artist, theater director, and playwright. Change of Heart is her fifth novel and is set in the same town as Paper Hearts. Her debut novel, A Sweethaven Summer, hit the New York Times and USA Today e-book bestseller lists and was a Carol Award finalist in the debut author category. She has written two additional books in the Sweethaven series, as well as two craft books and several full-length musicals. Courtney lives in Illinois where she and her husband own a performing and visual arts studio. They have three children.Visit her online at www.courtneywalshwrites.com.

My Thoughts...
 I am a fan of Walsh's.  After reading her first three books, Sweethaven series. So I was so excited to read Just Look Up.
A book of Forgiveness and Family and a sweet romance that you are sure to fall in love with the characters.  I would love to visit Brooks cabins and I would love to be part of Lane's family dinners each week.
I felt like I was living  in the pages of this book as I watched great things unfold on the pages right in front of me.
I love a sweet romance with a swoon worthy character like Brooks. You don't want to miss this 5 star beach read.
Please don't email me. This is just my opinion this is by far my favorite book by Walsh!
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.

20 comments:

  1. This is at the top of my wishlist! Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been saving my new gift card for a book that you review and rave about. This is the one. Thanks for telling us about this one. I am heading over to have it overnighted to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife is wanting to reads this one now Mary. Thanks, she is getting a copy today to lay on the beach and read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like one I need to buy not get from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After your review, I am looking forward to reading this one. Another new author to look forward to. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES, Please ,I want to read it. It sounds devine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good romance, and this one sounds like it has some added benefits. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm heading to the beach this week. I need a copy of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sound of this one. I really liked your review of it also Mary. I am adding it in my cart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A 5 star review has me wanting to read this one! Thanks Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to read this !! Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would love to read this !! Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like one not to be missed. Thank you for sharing, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a Walsh fan too and this one sounds great! Thanks for the review Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like my kind of romance novel! I'll have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful review, thanks Mary - I haven't read any of Courtney's books but am so looking forward to doing so!! I'm also looking forward to meeting Courtney at our CFRR in August!!

    bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome review Mary! I completely agree with everything mentioned. Brooks = ❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete