Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Sisters By Kellie Coates Gilbert




Set in America’s original ski resort, Sun Valley, Idaho—SISTERS offers a thought-provoking look at three women . . . and the choices they make when they realize their lives aren’t exactly what they expected. Karyn Macadam is starting over after losing her husband to a skiing accident. A chance encounter with a backcountry pilot might be this young widow’s one shot at a new beginning, but only if she can let go of the past. Leigh Ann Blackburn is the perfect wife, until her husband grows more distant and she believes the worst. An outrageous plan to save her marriage turns the situation on its head and she soon learns not everything is as it seems. Joie Abbott, who always finds a way to mess up her life, has done it yet again. This time a bitter betrayal threatens to expose a heartache she desperately wants to keep secret, especially from her family. Through romance and heartbreak, laughter and tears . . . life is always better with your sisters at your side.

Pick up your copy...
 
 
Kellie Coates Gilbert has won readers’ hearts with her compelling and highly emotional stories about women and the relationships that define their lives. A former legal investigator, she is especially known for keeping readers turning pages and creating nuanced characters who seem real.

In addition to garnering hundreds of five-star reader reviews, Kellie has been described by RT Book Reviews as a “deft, crisp storyteller.” Her books were featured as Barnes & Noble Top Shelf Picks and were included on Library Journal’s Best Book List of 2014.

Born and raised near Sun Valley, Idaho, Kellie now lives with her husband of over thirty-five years in Dallas, where she spends most days by her pool drinking sweet tea and writing the stories of her heart.

My Thoughts...
I loved Sisters, It's not your usual Gilbert book. She has ventured out and wrote what was on her heart and is a little different than we are use to. I Immediately fell in love with the story of the three sisters. I could see a little of myself in each one of them.   I can't tell you which one was my favorite of the three because they all bring something different to the table.
Gilbert has outdone herself with this one. I am so excited to read the next book in  Sun Valley series.
This was a clean Contemporary Romance, I was shocked how fast the book came to an end. I just had sat down started reading and it was over. You are going to really enjoy this one.
I hope Gilbert can write fast, I am not a patient person.
I gave this book 5 stars and I recommend this one!
 The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.

22 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! Now I can't wait to read it! It's coming up in my review pile soon and I'm excited! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I would like this, When I was young I loved to ski.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it would be a lovely read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see if I can get it from the library

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading you review I am going to have to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 stars. WOW. This is a must read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually love her books to begin with but it sounds like I will like this one even better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing that you gave it 5 stars is all I need. I am definitely reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make this book sound so good. I am going to get it now. Thank you for adding the link to click on to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds so good Mary. Thanks for your review. i will check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book store doesn't have this one. I had to order it on Amazon. You know my wife HAD to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the description if this book, Sounds like my king od read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I was reading the review at the beginning, I thought, nah, sounds like your typical contemporary romance read - then I read Mary's review. So with a 5 star rating, it makes me want to read it! Thanks Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Kellie and are books are wonderful! She has another winner on her hands!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sound of this one. I am turning into a comtemp romance reader.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like I need to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Summer read .Like the sound of this. Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, everyone. And especially THANK YOU to Mary. Mary is a selective and thoughtful reader, so when she praises one of my books my author's heart is thrilled! Also, I invite all of you to consider subscribing to my newsletter at www.kelliecoategilbert.com. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have read "What Matter Most" and "A Reason to Stay" with "A Woman of Fortune" on my Kindle. I have enjoyed each one of these stories, and like you said Mary, you pick up the book and the next thing you know, you're finished!

    I love to see authors branch out a bit with their writing and it sounds like Kellie did a wonderful job with this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete