Monday, June 12, 2017

Stepping on Cheerios By Betsy Snyder



Being a mother isn’t easy. Sometimes it’s hard to experience a personal connection with God and community when you are caught up in the chaos of just “doing family”.

Independent and self-sufficient, author Betsy Singleton Snyder lived a full and busy life as a pastor, missionary, and wife to a husband who served in the U.S. House of Representatives. She had her first child at age 44, then at 47, she found out she was carrying triplets. Suddenly finding herself overwhelmed is an understatement.

Stepping on Cheerios is a collection of funny, warm, and charming tales from the frontlines of parenthood, written for women who are juggling to accomplish everyday feats of work, motherhood, marriage, church, and more. It’s a comical story of one woman’s realization that her crazy life is a gift and how she found the grace in it.

Pick up your copy here...
 
 
 
One winner will receive:—A copy of Stepping on Cheerios
—A $75 Visa cash card

Enter today, but hurry! The giveaway ends on June 27. The winner will be announced June 28 on Betsy's blog.
 
Due to publisher shipping restrictions, the giveaway is open to US residents only.
 
 Enter to win here...
https://promosimple.com/ps/bb51

Betsy Singleton Snyder, author of Stepping on Cheerios, is a pastor, a former missionary to the arts community, writer, and blogger. She and her husband, Dr. Vic Snyder who formerly served in the U.S. House of Representatives for 14 years, live in Arkansas with their four sons, Penn (10), and triplets Wyatt, Sullivan, and Aubrey (8). Visit her online at WomenadeStand.com.

MY Thoughts...
 
This was not a book for you if your looking for a biblical  read and advice. There is no encouragement or help for moms looking for it in a self help book.
It has some stories that are geared more towards moms of younger kids. Has some funny stories that moms of young ones my enjoy and find funny.
The read for me as a mom of an adult child was alright but not the best book that I have read for parents.
I gave this book 3 stars, maybe young moms will enjoy this one.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.
 

16 comments:

  1. I don't want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way to old to need to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this so not a book for me, I pass on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably not for me. Thank you for being honest and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't buy books that you don't recommend. I always look to see if you say 4 or 5 then I buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I agree on if you have adult children, it's probably not for you. Mine are still young enough I could relate more to the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not my kind of read. But I thank you for taking time to read and share it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice honest opinion on this one. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Sherley, You are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  10. Not my cup of tea. But I'm sure new moms would like to read it. Thank You Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review. I appreciate your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a mom yet so this isn't for me. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will definitely pass on this one because if you don't really like the book then I know that I wouldn't either. Besides, my children are both grown. Thanks for your honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review! Sounds like a good book for my daughter. Thank you Mary!

    ReplyDelete