Thursday, June 15, 2017

Under A Summer Sky By Melody Carlson




High school art teacher Nicole Anderson is looking forward to a relaxing summer in Savannah, house-sitting and managing an art gallery for a family friend. The house is luxurious in a way that only old money could make it, and the gallery promises interesting days in a gorgeous setting. Yet it isn't long before her ideal summer turns into more than she bargained for: a snooty gallery employee who's determined to force her out, a displaced adolescent roosting in the attic, and two of Nicole's close childhood friends--who also happen to be brothers--vying for her attention.

With a backdrop of a beautiful historical city, incredible architecture, and even an alleged ghost or two, combined with the opportunity for romance . . . anything can happen!

Bestselling and award-winning author Melody Carlson invites readers to spend the summer surrounded by beauty and tantalizing possibilities for the future.


Pick up your copy here...



Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books with sales of more than 6.5 million, including many bestselling Christmas novellas, young adult titles, and the contemporary romances Once Upon a Summertime and All Summer Long. She received a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspirational market for her many books, including Finding Alice. She and her husband live in central Oregon. Learn more at www.melodycarlson.com.


My Thoughts..
This is book three in the A Savannah Romance series. This one was a little to unrealistic for my liking.
I have read them all three and this one was just not like the other two for some reason. It ended really fast for me left me hanging with to many lose ends.
I did like the gorgeous city that it all took place in. Carlson's descriptions were very vivid.  I liked the romance and the clean story.
I just can't say it was as good as the first two books in the series.
I gave this book 3.5 stars and I hope the next book Carlson writes is as good as her Christmas Novellas.
 The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.

16 comments:

  1. I normally like her books but after this review maybe I should just skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first one in this series. I want to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, you are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  3. Great review. I love her Christmas novellas too! I hope I like this one. It's coming up on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may check the library but not really worried about reading this one so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although this is a good review, I think I will pass on this one. I know that if Mary isn't impressed with it, I won't want to read it. Thanks for your honest reviews Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have like Carlson's books. Sorry this one was not one that you liked Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, thanks for your honest review of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your honest review! I've not read any books in this series, but they sound good from the Amazon descriptions. Maybe I'll give them a try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for a good review, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melody Carlson is one of my favorite authors and I felt that way about the first book in this series so I've struggled picking up it's sequels. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete